Sunshine Coast Search and Rescue is a volunteer SAR team serving the lower Sunshine Coast of BC
24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Help us Build the Robert Allen Memorial Fund
The Sunshine Coast Search and Rescue Association lost a long-time volunteer in 2021, Robert Allen. In his memory, we have established an endowment at the Sunshine Coast Foundation. Grants from the Robert Allen Memorial Endowment will support land search and rescue activities on the Sunshine Coast.
From Gibsons area West to Thormanby Island North past Egmont East to the Tantalus Range
Sunshine Coast SAR covers a large area which includes:
- Gibsons, Gambier & Keats Islands to the South
- Halfmoon Bay and Thormanby Island to the west
- Tetrahedron and Spipiyus Provincial Parks and the Dakota Ridge Winter Rec Area
- North past Egmont and Nelson Island, then up Jervis Inlet to Chatterbox Falls and Mt Victoria
- East to the western edge of Tantalus Provincial Park.